Last updated: December 31, 2019.
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to MealPal that they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Our Site may include features that enable users to input their locations and utilize mapping services for the purpose of finding restaurants or meals in their area (“Location-Based Services”). To the extent you voluntarily opt to use any Location-Based Services, information about your inputted location at the time you use those Location-Based Services may be reflected in your cookie information. However, we do not track your movement or collect or store information regarding your map usage when you use any Location-Based Services. We may collect and/or receive location information from your use of the Site generally, which can come from a variety of sources, depending on how you use or access the Site.
Generally, the Site automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site and users of the Services. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, or in other anonymous forms, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Site so that we can analyze and improve them.
We may also collect some device-specific information if you access the Site using a mobile device. Device information may include but is not limited to unique device identifiers, network information, and hardware model, as well as information about how the device interacts with our Site.
- INFORMATION USE
MealPal uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- to provide you with the Site, service information, and news,
- to support the Site and services offered on or through the Site,
- to personalize and improve the Site for our members,
- to enable the sharing of MealPal member meal and restaurant choices with social media contacts, other MealPal members and professional colleagues,
- to contact you for feedback about our services,
- to conduct research about MealPal’s customer base or services,
- to fulfill your reservation and order requests,
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection,
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes, and
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfill any related awards or discounts.
We may also use non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as demographic or usage data, to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and to alter, modify, introduce, or further improve any aspect, feature, or policy of the Site and our services.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- to any applicable chef, merchant, restaurant, or food service provider for each meal that you sign up for on the Site, so it can contact you regarding the meal you reserved and send you other communication that may be of interest as special offers (you may opt-out of marketing communications directly with the applicable merchant).
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the Site and any feature of the Site or a service that you have requested.
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications). (Note that you will not be able to opt-out of service announcements that contain important information relevant to your use of the Site and are not promotional in nature.)
- to share MealPal member meal and restaurant choices with your social media contacts, other MealPal members, and professional colleagues, including via third party social media sites;
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale or purchase of assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if MealPal should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding. In any of these scenarios, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- to your employer (or similar entity), if you participate in any of enterprise solutions or corporate programs.
- when we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
While MealPal may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which MealPal discloses Personally Identifiable Information as outlined above is under an obligation to use that Personally Identifiable Information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, MealPal exercises no control over these and other independent third parties. MealPal is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
MealPal may also share non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the purpose of understanding how and how often people use our Site and the services or websites of those third parties, which facilitates improving our Site, their services and websites, and how our Site interfaces with their services and websites. In addition, third parties may share with us non-Personally Identifiable Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
You may correct, amend, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information by editing your profile on the Site or emailing us at email@example.com. Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your Account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, any public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com, or to the following address: 45 W. 27th Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
If you are a resident of the State of California, please see this page for additional California privacy disclosures
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. MealPal takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information, using industry-standard techniques, including a Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol in our communications with you. However, we do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, including Personally Identifiable Information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Additionally, you are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your account and Personally Identifiable Information by protecting your account credentials and limiting access to devices on which you access or use the Site.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Site may contain links to, or allow sharing with, Third Party Services, such as your social media account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.). As stated above, MealPal is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when linking to or sharing with a Third Party Service to read the privacy statements of any Third Party Service that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf or to provide advertising-related services. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag, to tailor the advertisements you see on this Site and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising or to award incentives or points to their members who respond to their advertisements. The cookies, action tags or similar files do not contain any Personal Information.
You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance site at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/. The targeted advertising companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the DAA. The NAI and the DAA allow you to limit targeted advertising from its members by using an opt-out tool available on the NAI website at networkadvertising.org or the DAA’s site.
We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can find more information on Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- PUBLIC POSTS
45 W. 27th Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10001